Glitter is two months old!
- She is 12 lbs 2 oz and 24″ tall so she is a bean pole!
- She is still in six month clothing but I suspect because of her height (or length at this point, let’s be serious she is not standing up no matter how many times Critter exhorts her to do so) she will be in nine month jammies soon.
- She is a smiler, a lover of songs and reading. A coo-er.
- She has slept 10 hours straight! More times than I can count on one hand! There are a lot of nights where she wakes after 5-8 hours but you guys this is such a different ball game. Marcus and I are still laughing over the fact that we are sleeping the same amount we were LAST November.
- She refuses to take a bottle. We’ve been through Avent, Playtex and Munchkin. Up next: Tommee Tippee and Mam. Sooner or later she’ll figure it out.
Nina asked for a post on what has been useful with two babies. Obviously this will change over the year but here is what has been good for the first eight weeks. I didn’t take pictures, we all have to live with it. Sometimes this is just how it goes. Google what you need to.
The Chicco KeyFit Caddy Stroller Frame
It was great the first time because I never had to carry the infant carseat anywhere (I don’t care if I am That Person with a stroller). It is great now because I have my hands free to carry a recalcitrant toddler in the parking lot while I push said stroller!
Rock and Play
We don’t cosleep and both of my babies have gone straight into their cribs day one. However I have this on the main floor because Glitter sometimes will give us a nap in there. On the days I have both children at home and it is just a good all around place to set her when I need to give Critter all of my attention. This has definitely gotten more use the second go-round.
We received this shortly before/after (?) Critter was born and it is a lifesaver. It is where I keep half of my frozen breastmilk. All of our frozen meals. An emergency stash of Critter’s favorite foods (nuggets, waffles, bread).
Stuff That Is Not Stuff
The “emergency” diaper bag I keep in my car with changes of clothes for both children, diapers and wipes, a water bottle and snacks for Critter so that I don’t have to take my whole diaper bag with me everywhere.
A basket of special toys for Critter in Glitter’s nursery. This usually buys me about 30 minutes in the morning when we go upstairs to get baby sister.
A Starbucks gift card so I can plop both kids in the car and get a latte at the drive through window and enjoy 15 minutes of peace sitting down knowing my children are contained.
Second time mamas, what things have been lifesavers for you?