This is a nice, healthy green side for a hot plate. Please note, this recipe is for one person.
- 2 c fresh spinach, washed (if you don’t have spinach handy, arugula will do just fine)
- 1T butter
- 1/4 sliced white onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Lemon juice
- Tarragon (or other flavored) vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Feta cheese
- Melt butter in frying pan on medium-low heat.
- Add onions and garlic. Sautee for five-ish minutes.
- Bring heat up to medium, add a splash of lemon juice and a few shakes of vinegar.
- Add spinach leaves to pan, stir frequently, incorporate salt and pepper to taste.
- When leaves have fully wilted, remove from pan (including pan juices…think of it as dressing), plate and top with feta cheese.