Chex Mix has always been one of my greatest snacking loves. I am so thrilled to share this recipe with you all. It’s a modified version of a modified recipe that a friend once shared with me and I think it will make your life better.
- 8 T melted butter
- One packet dry ranch dressing mix
- 3 T hot sauce
- Celery salt/seasoned salt to taste
- 8 cups Chex cereal
- 2 cups pretzels (sticks or tiny twists)
- 2 cups Cheez-Its
- Combine the butter, ranch dressing mix, hot sauce and salt of choice
- Set your crockpot to high, dump everything in there (dry ingredients and toppings) and give it a stir. Stir every 15-30 minutes for 1 – 1.5 hours
Note: Basically, the point of cooking Chex Mix is to dry it out, once you’ve dumped the wet seasoning blend on it. The original recipe I used called for two hours of cooking and stirring. My mix was getting to the point of burning after about an hour. Pay attention to the heat of your crock pot and adjust accordingly.