Yes, I know I actually make butter from scratch from time-to-time, but this is not about that. This is about an easy way that you can surprise your guests and do something nice for yourself.
- 3-4 T butter
- Salt and pepper
- Flavoring of your choice (Pick an herb, spice, fruit zest, etc.)
- Soften butter (still wrapped) in your hands until it is pliable.
- Place in a small ramekin/dish.
- Cut up with knife.
- Incorporate several pinches/1 t of flavoring.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir with knife until flavoring is fully blended. Chill.
Notes: Personally, I’m a little obsessed with tarragon butter at the moment. But just choose what you’re going to mix in so that it pairs well with what you’re serving.