I saw Rachael Ray (whom I actually despise) make something on this order and realized that this was one of the five things she has ever cooked that Marcus and I would consider eating. I’m glad I took a whack at it because this is simply delish.
This recipe is extremely easy to modify, based on the number of mouths you need to feed. In my experience, I find that I’m usually in the mood for 1-2 chicken legs while Marcus is more of the persuasion that 2-3 is a solid meal.
Since Rachael’s recipe was basically un-findable on the interwebs, this is how we do in our house.
- 5-6 chicken legs
- Olive oil
- 1/4 c dijon mustard with seeds
- A splash of lemon juice
- ~1/2 t oregano
- ~1/4 t red pepper flakes
- 1 t garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Season chicken legs with salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in frying pan over medium-high heat. Brown chicken legs (approximately 2 min/side). Remove from pan and place in a small casserole dish
- In a small bowl, combine mustard, olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, red pepper flakes and garlic
- Paint mustard glaze onto chicken legs
- Place in oven and bake for ~30 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked-through