The only thing better than flavor on the outside/on top of a burger? Is flavor inside a burger. Inspired by a few key ingredients in the fridge and Marcus’ favorite burger of all-time, this required no thinking and only doing.
Obviously depending on your preference for spice, you can add cayenne OR dial back on the amount of jalapeno in the patty. Consider the mix-ins guidelines.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2-3 T finely chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 T garlic, minced or grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to 400-450 degrees
- In bowl, combine beef, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, salt and pepper. Mix with hands until fully incorporated, taking care not to compress the meat. If your hands are extremely sensitive to peppers like mine are, feel free to use a fork (or gloves)
- Once mixed, create a mound of the meat and divide into four sections. Take each section and form into a quarter-pound patty, approximately 1/2 inch thick. Basically, make it look like a store-bought patty in terms of size and shape. Repeat until finished
- Place patties on grill. Allow to cook for approximately four minutes per side. Flip only once