- 5 chicken cutlets, pounded flat (1/4″)
- 20-25 asparagus spears
- 1/4 c dijon mustard
- 1-2 T olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 t tarragon
- 3 T lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease baking dish
- In bowl, combine mustard, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, tarragon and salt and pepper. Set aside
- On cutting board, lay out cutlets. Place three spears of asparagus at one end of the chicken and roll. Place in baking dish, seam side down. Repeat until done
- Tuck remaining asparagus (~10 spears) around roll
- Take mustard sauce and spoon over the top, thoroughly coating each roll
- Place in the oven and bake for approximately 40 minutes. Remove from oven and serve
Notes: In order to make sure you have a tender stalk of asparagus, while washing, snap off the ends. When you bend the asparagus, it will naturally break where it’s meant to, leaving you with the delicious part. Trust me. You didn’t want to eat that bottom bit. Unless you’re into eating the bark off of trees.
Also, feel free to add cheese, change the sauce or roll different vegetables. This is an extremely simple dish to modify.