The first place I remember having Aioli and which this one is modeled after, is Bacio in Minnetonka, which is my favorite. Ever. For irrational reasons even I don’t understand. This is great for dipping food into (Fried/Grilled/Hot/Cold…whatever) as well as serving as a sandwich spread.
- Mayonnaise (Basically however much you need for dipping/spreading)
- 1 T garlic, chopped (the pre-minced stuff is just fine, but the fresh stuff gives it a sharper taste)
- Splash of lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Cracked pepper
- Spoon mayonnaise into mixing bowl or ramekin (depending on how much aioli you’re making).
- Incorporate garlic, stir.
- Add lemon juice, stir.
- Taste. Add more lemon juice if necessary, watching aioli for consistency.
- Add salt, crack pepper to taste (should be fairly visible in the mixture).
- Chill for one hour to allow flavors to mingle.