- 8 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced finely
- 1-2 T rosemary, minced finely
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Scrub potatoes thoroughly and dry. Pierce each potato twice with a fork. Place on baking sheet and put into oven. Bake for approximately one hour or until skin is crispy and fork slides in to potato easily.
- Allow potatoes to cool for approximately 30 minutes. You should be able to pick the potatoes up and comfortably hold them. Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the top 1/4 off of the potato and set aside. You can use these later for whatever purpose you like. I recommend potato skins.
- Scoop out the inside of the potato, leaving 1/4″ intact all the way around so that the potatoes will keep their shape. Place potato insides in a separate bowl, set aside. Return empty potato shells to baking sheet.
- Mash potato insides incorporating butter, creme fraiche, herbs (parsley and rosemary), parmesan, salt and pepper to taste.
- Re-fill potato shells with newly-mashed insides. You should be able to use almost all, if not all of the filling.
- Put potatoes back into oven for approximately 20 minutes, when tops of potatoes are golden, they are finished.