The recipe is good on it’s own as a meal, or if you’re feeling the need for a really substantial dinner, it could be a side dish or a course. I would definitely try incorporating sauteed mushrooms or some other savory veggies in future dishes. Not to make it “healthier,” but to make it more delicious.
- 1 pkg gnocchi (should serve 4)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 T pesto
- Ricotta Cheese (this is the binder, so use as much or as little as suits your taste)
- Salt and pepper
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine garlic, pesto and ricotta cheese in a bowl, salt and pepper to taste, set aside.
- Drop gnocchi into water that has reached a rolling boil. Remove when gnocchi float to the surface. Place in separate bowl and toss in olive oil to prevent sticking. You may need to repeat this step to boil all of the gnocchi. It is important to not over-crowd the pot.
- Combine gnocchi and ricotta mixture.
- Place mixture into glass baking dish (I used one that resembled a loaf pan).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven 5 minutes prior to it being fully cooked, top with parmesan, return to oven.