Y’all, my Auntie Kim has some pretty great recipes when you want to eat tasty stuff that does not take horrific amounts of effort to action. I’ve modified her recipe for Mexican Lasagna just a bit, and I know that you’ll love it as much as we do!
- 18 10″ corn tortillas
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can of tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 16 oz cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 t oregano
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Brown ground turkey with taco seasoning.
- While meat is cooking, combine eggs, cottage cheese and oregano in a separate bowl. Mix well.
- When meat is cooked, add tomatoes and salsa. Stir to combine. Remove from heat
- Grease a 9″ x 13″ pan with cooking spray. Line the bottom of the pan with 6 tortillas, to cover the base of the pan with some overlap.
- Top with 1/3 of meat, spoon on 1/3 of cottage cheese mixture.
- Repeat this process 2x. On the top tortilla/meat/cottage cheese layer, cover with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes, let stand for 15 after it comes out of the oven.