This is a fast and easy way to make salmon and get it on the table. I usually use the pre-packaged 4 oz filets from ALDI (you know, the whole cooking for one thing), but really, you could do this with a piece of any size.
- Salmon (4 oz per person)
- Lemon juice (or a real lemon, depending on what is most convenient)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and defrost the fish (unless you are purchasing fresh, in which case, good for you!)
- Slide the salmon into a ziploc bag. Salt and pepper the tops of the filet(s). Add in lemon juice (this could be anywhere between 2T-1/4 c…just eye up how much juice is enough to have a marinade going).
- Squeeze air out of bag and seal. Wrap bag around filet to increase marinade:fish ratio. Let rest for 30 min at room temperature. Flip the bag over every 10 minutes.
- Spray glass baking dish. Place filets w/ marinade flat-side down in the pan. Crack pepper over the top of each filet. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes. Fish should be firm and flaky when done.