If you love coconut and tres leches cake, and you are comfortably on the semi-homemade continuum, you’ll love this. The three milks in this cake are coconut, sweetened condensed and the “extra creamy” in the whipped topping (lol).
- 1 package white cake mix (and accompanying ingredients to make said cake)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1.5 cups shredded coconut
- 1 container extra creamy whipped topping
- 1 package vanilla instant pudding
- Bake cake in 9″ x 13″ pan according to package directions.
- When you remove from the oven, poke many holes in the top of the cake with the handle a wooden spoon (ideally one that resembles a dowel).
- While still hot, pour 1/2 can of sweetened condensed milk over top of cake, aiming for the holes. Allow to absorb.
- Pour all of coconut milk over top of cake, again aiming for the holes. Allow to absorb.
- Pour remaining sweetened condensed milk over top of cake (you know the drill!). Allow to cool completely.
- Once cake has cooled, mix whipped topping and pudding mix. Frost cake using the entire container of this mix.
- Sprinkle shredded coconut evenly across top of cake. If you were feeling really fancy you could toast it.
- Chill, slice and serve!