This is pretty much the easiest dessert to assemble and what’s more, when you show up at someone else’s party with it, they’ll think you tried. Definitely feel free to add some chocolate/caramel syrup, soak the cake in booze or toss in some berries. Hell, if you’re extra creative, you’ll make it with white cake, vanilla pudding and throw in some lemon zest. That would mean it’s no longer chocolate, but a trifle is a trifle…mmkay?
- 1 box Devil’s Food Cake, made as directed
- 2 packages chocolate pudding, made as directed
- 6 Heath Bars, crushed
- 2 packages Cool Whip
- Crumble cake into 1/2″ pieces
- Layer half of cake into bottom of bowl
- Spread half of the pudding mixture as a second layer
- Follow this with one container of Cool Whip
- And logically, half of the crushed Heath mixture follows this.