Apparently Annie the Baker makes these things called Cookie Dough Balls. And then Mama Pea tried to replicate them in a vegan-friendly way. Since we all know that “Earth Balance” is not in my vocabulary and I am only a dabbler in organic food as it conveniences me, the recipe below is what happens if you follow the concept of the recipe, but then you really don’t.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/8 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/8 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 t vanilla
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/4 t baking soda
- 3/8 t salt
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup white flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream butter, peanut butter, and vanilla
- Combine all dry ingredients (excluding chocolate chips) in a separate bowl
- Mix wet and dry bowls together until it forms a dough (for me, this was an extremely dry and crumbly dough)
- Stir in chocolate chips, form into log and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Roll dough into golf ball-sized balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. You’ll end up with ~13 balls.
- Bake for 10 minutes and remove from oven. Transfer to cooling rack immediately.
- Allow to cool for ~15 minutes (trust me on this)
Note: You can probably get away with regular peanut butter if you want. Absolutely, do not under any circumstances over-bake these.