I love roasting an Acorn squash for dinner because it provides me with a main course and dessert in one dish. Plus, if you’re eating on your own or don’t want to deal with a lot of fuss, this is a great way to get something into the oven that yields a fantastic result without a lot of effort.
- One Acorn squash, halved (be warned, slicing squash is kind of a battle)
- 1/2 T butter
- 1/2 T – 1 T brown sugar
- Shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Using cooking spray, grease baking dish with low sides.
- Rub both halves of squash with olive oil. One one half of the squash, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place both halves cut-side down (skin-side up) on baking dish. Place in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip over. On the squash half that’s been seasoned with salt and pepper, sprinkle with shredded cheese as desired (I do ~ 1/4 c). On the other half, place butter in the cavity, add brown sugar (rub around the rim and add to butter in the center).
- Return to oven, facing up, bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove and serve.