I adore these. I eat them CONSTANTLY during the spring-summer-fall and truly there is nothing better. Plus, you can make them and forget about them until you feel like a snack. Or a meal (because I have totally done that before!)
- 5 persian (seedless) cucumbers
- 1/2 red onion sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup oil (not olive…go canola probably)
- 1/8 cup vinegar
- 3 t sugar
- Salt and Pepper
- Combine vinegar, olive oil and sugar to make dressing. Set aside.
- Slice cucumbers extremely thinly. Place in bowl with onion.
- Pour dressing over mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour. Serve.
- Keeps for approximately 4-5 days.