Obviously, this is one of the least scientific recipes I could have shared with y’all. But at the same time, in my world, grilling is absolutely not a science. These will be good in your breakfast parfait, with some ice cream for dessert or just on their own to scratch whatever itch you may be having.
- Fresh peaches, halved and pitted
- Olive oil
- Brown sugar
- Drizzle peaches with olive oil, rub with brown sugar (~1 t/peach half)
- Let sit…for as long as you can bear
- Pre-heat grill to 350 degrees-ish.
- Place peaches insides-down on grill.
- Turn every few minutes to avoid burning instead of carmelization.
- Remove when ready
The goal here is to end up with peaches that are fork-tender. Personally, I’m not that patient of a person, so I would recommend leaving them for as long as you can handle, and enjoy. By the time you’ve gotten them to the grill, it’s a win-win situation.
Some suggest drizzling them with balsamic vinegar in addition to the olive oil and brown sugar prior to grilling and then serving with a basil garnish. I haven’t tried it, but I’m sure it’s good.