This is a recipe that Lindsey gave to me a few years ago. It is a favorite in her family and after she mentioned eating and/or making it so many times, I had to make it for myself. Of course, all recipes change, and I’ve made a few modifications to this one over time as well.
- 2 cups herbed seasoned crushed stuffing mix (NOT cubes!)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 steamer bag California blend frozen vegetables
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Combine stuffing and melted butter. Mix well. Spray 9″ pie plate with cooking spray and press mixture into the base/sides of the dish to form the crust
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove, increase oven temperature to 375 degrees
- While crust is baking, prepare vegetables according to package directions. Drain of excess water once cooked
- In another bowl, combine milk and eggs
- Once vegetables are cooked, place vegetables into par-baked crust
- Pour egg/milk mixture over vegetables
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes prior to slicing to allow to set!