This is dish was borne out of the need for some comfort food on a rainy fall night. It’s perfectly acceptable dish (and a healthy one!) for breakfast or dinner, so make it when you feel like you need the extra pampering.
- 1 tortilla (fajita size)
- 2 eggs
- 1 c chopped, cooked vegetables (I prefer broccoli, myself)
- 2 T whipped cream cheese
- 1 t dijon mustard
- Splash milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- A pinch of tarragon
- Preheat oven t0 350 degrees
- Spray 5″ x 5″ baking dish with cooking spray, place tortilla in bottom of dish.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt + pepper, tarragon and mustard until well-combined. Set aside.
- Place vegetables on top of tortilla. Dot with cream cheese. I’ve found that 6 blobs seems to works swimmingly.
- Pour eggs over vegetables, bake for approximately 30 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Remove from oven, and remove from pan to plate. At this point, the tortilla should have created a sort of crust. Serve.
Note: The purpose of the tortilla is to eliminate the need for any sort of ornate crust, while providing a nice, crispy foil for the dish.