As you may know, at the very beginning of my life as a mother, Whitney was making these health-cookies for me every week. Finally after she made about four batches of them, I asked her for the recipe because if you teach a man to fish, they’ll fish for a lifetime. Once she sent it over, I made some modifications and this is what we have now.
I like to think they’re healthier than a granola bar but easier to make than a lactation cookie.
- 3 large or 4 small ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 2 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mash bananas in medium sized bowl
- Stir in oats, chocolate chips, chopped nuts, cinnamon, and salt until well combined
- Drop in~3/8 cup sized cookie-shaped dollops onto parchment-lined baking sheet (this should yield approximately 12 cookies)
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes, allow to cool, store in the refrigerator