Once upon a time, I used to follow a recipe for a similar salad from bon appetit that I never ever made with the basil. At this point, it is pretty much using my memory (and what we have in the house) to put together a fast salad that makes great workweek lunches.
- Two cans chickpeas, drained
- Parsley, minced
- 6-7 garlic stuffed green olives, chopped
- 1/4-1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Combine chickpeas, parsley, olives, and parmesan cheese in bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add lemon juice and olive oil to dress (I usually go heavier than I think I should on the olive oil and it is really just the best).
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate. Should keep for five days. Or until you’ve eaten it all for lunch.