The new year has started. Critter was insistent that we buy more honey for a sweet new year, Glitter is singing very sweetly about Rosh Hashanana.
Last night we learned Glitter knew how to call the shofar blasts, we learned Critter could blow the shofar and he did so very exuberantly.
First a PSA/invite to join 10Q this year. It is an annual reflection/day series that runs through the high holidays. You do not need to be Jewish to do it, the questions are not at all faith based.
I got my answers from last year back this week. I predicted that this year we would bring in the harvest. When I wrote that I don’t even think I knew what that would really mean.
We brought in the harvest. Like an actual harvest of food from our garden but also a metaphorical harvest.
Without getting so far into that, an incomplete list of things I am bringing into 5780:
- Normal deodorant. It was fine, then I was stinky again (or I felt stinky!!!). One swipe of regular deodorant, no feelings of stinkiness.
- A recommitment to retinols. I took a break before Florida because of my eye and because my antibiotics also made me sun-sensitive. I need the retinols.
- This stye/eye thing that is never going away. Or as my friend Caitlin said, you are bringing Staph into the new year. I am weary of wearing glasses daily and no eye makeup. It all feels too casual, I do not love it, yet here we are.
- All of the nitro cold brew, less caffeine overall, generally speaking.
- Being gentle to myself and others.
It’s a work in progress. Shana tova.