Actually the longer title of this would be The Brief List of Things That Served Me in 2018 After I Weaned Glitter and She Started Sleeping Through The Night. Let’s be honest. I was not some sort of productivity paragon prior to that nor did I feel like one.But I will say, a number of the listed habits below did start prior to the aforementioned longer title.
- Waking up every morning (even weekends) at 5:00 AM.
- Going to bed by 9:30 PM every night (this was helped by setting a strict wake-up time).
- Eliminating any phone usage in dark rooms like our bedroom at night (that light is bad for you!!!).
- Cutting out caffeine in the afternoon.
- Soaking in a HOT Lavender Epsom Salt Bath at least once per week with no distractions.
- Cutting down the amount of alcohol I am consuming (I plan to continue to explore this in 2019).
- Prioritizing my reading time.
- Exercising regularly.
- Volunteering monthly.
- Eating two eggs for breakfast every day.
- Washing my face. I hate to admit this but it works. I was firmly rooted in the Don’t Do It camp for YEARS. Honestly I probably only wash and retinol it once per week because I still have the skin peeling issue. But I moisturize daily and my skin looks beautiful. I also stopped applying any powder or foundation type product to my face (outside of eye makeup) because of said peeling and I think that has also contributed the healthy look of my skin.
- Monthly date nights with my husband. Though now that we have achieved that I think the ideal frequency would be more like a date every three weeks.
Like I said, I still don’t know if or what I can commit to for 2019. As I continue to reflect and consider, I feel like most or all of my new year happened at Rosh Hashanah and so perhaps the path is set for now.