I don’t have TONS of goals for 2018 (my children are little and I am not a glutton for punishment) but I have a few. Now that I am living in the light of (ideally) never being pregnant again, I honestly feel such a lightness and joy about getting on with my life. I still have little ones but I don’t feel like I am “waiting,” if that makes sense. Here is what I want to do!
- Work on our photo album. We all know I am a bad crafter so it should also come as no surprise that photo books are just not something I can possibly get together. A photo album? Something I can do! We’ve been printing more and more pictures since having little ones so I want to go through ALL of our photos and get the ones we love printed so they can go into the album I ordered in December. It holds 300 photos. I think we might get close to filling it! And if we do, I’ll order another.
- Exercise three times per week. Truth be told the only time I used our treadmill after moving (in my defense it was summer!) was the day I went into labor with Glitter. Generally I see myself doing some combination of hot yoga (or a workout video) once per week and a couple of power walking sessions. Once Glitter has a set bedtime (which she will by mid-February), this should be possible.
- Buy new shoes. No seriously I am for real. I have worn through the soles of my running shoes, Critter ruined my moccasins, my Revas have holes in the soles. I was waiting until Glitter was born to see what size my feet would be. She is born, the time is now.
- Get back into reading books. I feel like I lost momentum at the end of my maternity leave. I am a mentally healthier, more interesting person when I read. Shoutout to the Kindle for iPhone app and the Hennepin County Library eBooks collection for making that impossibly easy for me to accomplish.
- Finishing my SHRM-SCP recertification. Boring, but due by the end of 2018 so it has to get done!