Apparently I just have a lot of different little things that I feel like I need to share, so here they are.
- We discovered that there was a bird nest in the insulation covering our exposed foundation. When they went to start removing the insulation, we discovered there were baby birds in the nest! So that project has been tabled until fall (I do not want any bad baby bird karma) and THANK GOD the mama bird did not abandon the nest.
- I finally completed all of my recertification credits for my SPHR and submitted that application. So, now I have to wait the four weeks while they review it (snooze) and then hopefully that should be all-wrapped up. Spending free hours listening to webinars was not my favorite part of the whole summer, but the nice part is that the hours also counted for my SHRM-SCP recertification so it was sort of like a buy-one-get-one type deal. Now, I just need to figure out how to translate some of my other recertification credits from the SPHR to the SHRM-SCP. Lean in!
- The deck off our our master suite is finally completed and on the first night of its functionality, I was able to watch a squirrel build a leaf nest in the maple tree so already, it is a fascinating and worthwhile adult treehouse.
- A former co-worker was seeking to unload a bunch of Iris bulbs so I requested some and now they are planted in the one bed of dirt we have outside of our entire house. Re-landscaping will be a whole different project for another year. To summarize: our house is surrounded by rock that is somewhere between gravel and proper landscaping rock. The sum total of plants is one day lily and one peony bush (win!). There are some bushes around the house but every single one is a different kind. At least now I can say I’ve tried to plant some flowers and Do Better. Last weekend we also obtained a trowel, watering can, and pruning/clippers thing.
- I have pregnancy-induced carpal tunnel. I discovered this because my hands were falling asleep at night while I was sleeping (how uncool, right?) so the remedy is apparently to wear wrist braces while I sleep. I just cannot even begin to discuss the level of indignity. BUT. I slept so, so well last night and I know I was waking up every hour and a half or so before because my hands were falling asleep while I slept. So I will take it.
- Critter woke up on Sunday and decided to become a full-blown toddler so that has just been a really energizing time for all of us as we try to negotiate Not Touchdown Spiking All Of Our Toys In Inappropriate Places amongst probably any other toddler behavior you can think of.
So that’s how life is over here, lately.