Apparently I haven’t dedicated a post just to Critter for a while. But he is 16 months old now. And continues to be the most loveable human in existence.
- He “whistles.” About a week ago, I was whistling to Critter and he wanted to whistle back so he pursed his lips just like mine and started hooting and it was really the cutest thing.
- He runs everywhere now.
- He is becoming deeply proficient at animal sounds and it is adorable.
- I think he is on the cusp of dropping down to one nap. This week will be the decision-maker.
- We finished ECFE two weeks ago. It was such a good year and so fun to watch Critter grow from the start of the school year until the end. He is still a shy guy, but watching him come out of his shell around his little friends and his teachers was great. I’m looking forward to class next year!
- Last week, I pulled out a baby doll while I was reading to Critter and he was completely disgusted by it. At first he was appalled that I was calling something other than him “baby” and then each time I picked it up and he was nearby, he touchdown spiked it to the ground. So, I think having a baby sister is going to go over well!
- When he wants to go somewhere he brings me MY shoes. When we’re getting ready to go somewhere, he brings me MY shoes. He will not even consider bringing Marcus his shoes until I have both of my shoes in-hand. If I am already wearing shoes, if he feels that I should be wearing a different pair, he brings me those.
- Starting this fall, he will go to daycare (they call themselves a “school” but he’s a toddler so let’s be real about this) on Mondays, Wednesdays, and a half-day on Friday. Honestly, I feel totally fine about this.
- Over mother’s day weekend, we bought an Osprey hiking backpack. Critter was getting too heavy for Marcus to carry him in the Becco and he really does like being carried when we walk. Even though we do absolutely no outdoors things (and had to repeatedly swear this to the REI staff when we were testing the backpack out in the store), it is great for our evening walks around the neighborhood, and I am sure will also be a hit at the zoo/state fair/other really busy public gatherings. So far, when it isn’t being used for its true purpose, he really loves to read books in it which is hysterical.
- Now that he is getting bigger (and ECFE is over for the year), I have been trying to plan some new outings for us. Last week we visited the Eastman Nature Center and this week we went to the very cool play area at the Brooklyn Park Library. If you are in the NW metro area and have tots 11/10 recommend.
- I forgot to mention this/haven’t written a post about Critter in months, but we stopped cloth diapering around 14.5 months? Basically he was peeing through all of them. Even with doublers. Even with two doublers at night. Also he was outgrowing the size two diapers because as we all know he is tall and heavy and so there wasn’t another size to do because at that point usually you are supposed to arrive at the promised land of potty traininf except HE IS 16 MONTHS OLD. Anyway, he wears the ALDI brand diapers during the day, the Huggies night diapers at night and it’s fine.
This entry was posted in Baby M
. Bookmark the permalink