Or like, by March 31 because that is when this house closes!
To brief y’all on what happened since January 31:
- We had photos and measurements taken on February 1.
- We listed the house on February 2.
- We had eleven showings on February 3 (8:15 AM – 6:30 PM) so Marcus and Critter were sheltering at Nana and Baube’s house while they stayed away from ours. We also had some good friends for dinner that night and totally scuttled our nice beef stew plan and ended up ordering Papa Murphy’s because there was literally no time for anything else.
- We got two offers on February 3.
- We had six showings and an open house (with 13 groups!) on February 4. Again, we went to Nana and Baube’s houses because we had nowhere else to go. We got one more offer and picked one to accept.
- Today (February 5) we signed the purchase agreement and now we need to make plans to get out of here!
We didn’t end up seeing the letter from the buyers until after we had accepted their offer but reading it, we had so much peace about who is going to live here after us. We really have loved our time in this neighborhood and in this house, but we are bursting at the seams here.
The inspection should happen in the next week or so – we already had one done in November so that we would know if there were any red flags (there weren’t) so I’m not terribly concerned about this one but it will of course be a relief once it is over.
As to where we are moving next, my parents’ basement. It is going to be very cool. We haven’t found The Barbie Dream Home yet (though we have been looking casually since October) so this will be an experiment in multi-generational living!