- We have finally started the baby-proofing process. I started putting outlet covers everywhere on our main floor. Marcus fitted the baby gate to our staircase. I cleaned up the laundry room so that chemicals are off the floor, and everything else is getting re-homed in closets, the garage, etc. Next stop: cabinet locks!
- The second fang has arrived. It is right next to first fang, bottom center.
- Critter has finally rolled from back to front! At last!
- I’ve assembled the pack n’ play so that it has a permanent residence in our living room as a baby corral. If anyone has better baby corral suggestions, I am all ears. Once we can move some of his more space-consumptive toys out (jumper, playmat, bouncer) a portable/more easily collapsible pen will be a much better option.
- Only 4.5 months left of nursing/pumping. Max.
- I survived a long weekend of solo parenting last weekend! We have one more this fall and after that I’ll write a blog post about how we did it.
- Critter had his first spontaneous fever last weekend for 36 hours and it was just tragic. And exhausting for both of us.
- I got a plugged duct on Tuesday! I was (1) reminded why I swore to God I would wean if I got mastitis again and (2) really the only thing that separates these two afflictions is the presence of a fever. It will now either resolve itself or escalate. God willing, it resolves.
- ECFE starts tomorrow. Katie and I are ready to get the boys out of the house and playing with other pups and to hustle up more mama friends!