Let’s talk about Critter and my pregnant self today because we haven’t had an update in a good three weeks and to be honest, we all want to know how it’s going.
- Most importantly, Critter is officially viable outside of the womb and has been for the last two weeks! I am now continuing to remind our small friend that I have a created a Most Excellent nest for them and there is no need to leave the party early.
- With that in mind, I am so excited to meet Critter in 3.5 months! I have zero anxiety about Critter’s arrival or the days to follow. I am really hoping that this does not change as the due date gets closer.
- Similarly, I have absolutely zero concerns about labor. As far as I am concerned, it is like running a marathon with a slamming’ migraine. My head is in the game and I am confident (probably to excess) that my body is going to do what it is supposed to do and it will be fine. Again, hoping I don’t get a sudden case of anxiety about this like a month before Critter is due.
- We finally picked a nursery color – it is called Windswept by Olympic. If you want to see it, click here. Next we actually need to finish clearing out the second bedroom so that we can paint it.
- According to the pregnancy trackers, third trimester starts next week or in two weeks. Which is sort of horrifying in the where has all of the time gone-sort of way. It also means we really need to get serious about doing things like the nursery and finishing the master bathroom. Time is of the essence!
- I have heartburn and that is super special. I now have a tiny container of TUMS in my purse, in addition to the bottle in our medicine cabinet and the other bottle in my desk. You can never be too prepared.
- I’m ready to give my hips away to a willing home. I would say that over the past ~3 weeks I have been dealing with hip pain at least 50% of the time and there are some mornings where it is so bad (in my right hip specifically) that I can’t weight bear on my right leg for a period of time. It’s ridiculous. A fun new twist on this is the lower back pain I am experiencing on my right side as well. I mean, if this is the worst thing that has happened in the last 26 weeks, then I still feel like I am ahead of the game but it’s still a massive nuisance.
- I am slowly but surely coming to terms with the fact that I am 26 weeks pregnant and simply cannot do as much as I used to. Obnoxious hip pain aside, 99.9% of the time I feel really really good. To the point where I forget I am pregnant unless Critter is kicking, I see myself in the mirror, or I am saying no to a glass of wine. So as we were traipsing all about Chicago last weekend, I am sure you can imagine that I didn’t realize that 3.5 miles of walking from Allium to the Shedd Aquarium was too much walking until it was much too late. We will be remembering this for our trip to New York in a few weeks.