I just felt like I had to do a bit of sharing tonight. Here it goes.
- I forgot to brush my teeth this morning and I didn’t realize it until I was five minutes into my commute. After another five minutes of debating whether or not I actually did brush my teeth (it was an intense internal dialogue), I stopped by a gas station to grab a travel kit. Related/unrelated: Thank God I had a vague memory of the extremely spartan toiletry section that seems to occupy all gas stations.
- We’re having dinner guests tomorrow night for Tu B’ Shevat. To cover the “grain” portion of our Seder, I baked Vermont Maple Cupcakes with Maple Icing from the Best Bake Sale Cookbook. Don’t mind me, just accomplishing my February goals over here with a semi-broken oven. The repairman comes on Friday!
- I cannot stop listening to Call Your Girlfriend: A podcast for long distance besties everywhere. Kate blogged about it the other week and now I am hooked. Also, if you’re not reading her blog, you really should. I’ve been reading for years now and this lawyer-turned-stay at home mom of two is so down to earth and full of real talk.
- Speaking of blogs that I read, I am looking for new blogs to read. I feel like a ton of my favorite bloggers have either drastically cut their content in the last year or they have outright quit. Which is fine, but I need some new things to fill up my Feedly. If you have any favorites, please share them in the comments! Also acceptable in the comments: Tributes to Google Reader (RIP), which I still miss.
- After a few weeks of unseasonably warm (and dry!) weather, we’re back into the thick of Minnesota Winter and tragically it is even supposed to snow tomorrow night. The snow shortage has actually been pretty problematic for a number of winter activities (I’m looking at you, Nordic Skiing), but I’ve mostly been enjoying the fact that a “brown” winter means a much faster commute for me. At this point, the end is in sight: the end of March is when most of us feel comfortable declaring that it is Spring. Only 57 days to go! Or, 41 days to go if you subtract the time that we’ll be enjoying pre-Spring in Italy!