I don’t know why I feel like I have to set goals for the month of February. It may have something to do with the fact that January is over. It may have something to do with the fact that I like having things to work towards. I’ll also take a moment to add that I spent most of the month of January unsure as to whether or not there were 30 or 31 days in the month (yes, seriously) and almost wrote a post like this yesterday. Once a blonde, always a blonde.
Based on what I have seen other bloggers do, it is my understanding that if I am setting goals, I need to physically write them down, and then they need to be staged, ideally with a beverage and some other props. I hope I did this part right. Please accept my apologies for the giant roll of toilet paper. We don’t usually keep Kleenex around the house (judge if you have to, Lord knows that Marcus and my Mother think this is deeply uncivilized) so this is what I use to blow my nose when I am sick. With that in mind, I feel worlds better than I did last weekend, but the congestion is still just a little bit out of control. I have a feeling that next week will really be my week.
Anyway, without further adieu, my February goals.
1. Run more. I was able to get back into my groove of 3-3.5 miles/day no problem – I was really thankful for that. I would like to get that number up to 4 or 5 miles by the end of the month. This is partially because I would like to get back to the glory days of running for an hour just because. This is also partially because I have no intention whatsoever of running while we are in Italy – I want to account for some fitness loss during that break. I may pack running clothes just in case the beauty and trails are unbearable, but honestly the last two European vacations where I have committed to running, the cobblestones and pavers have just wrecked my feet beyond recognition.
2. Get my continuing education credits sorted for my professional designations. I’ve already started this project and I’m looking forward to sharing an update soon! Also, this update will probably be about as exciting as watching paint dry. You have been warned.
3. Learn more Italian. I’ve already accepted that I’m not going to be any level of fluent by the time we jet off to Italy on the 26th. But, I think it would be good to make an effort to master a few more things like counting to 10, asking for help, etc.
4. Bake some stuff (or make some new snacks!). I spent most of January wanting to bake, but I just did not have the time. I think there’s more time now and I have a few good reasons to make the effort. Who knows, maybe I’ll share the end results here. As a bit of motivation, I made Spicy Crockpot Chex Mix today for the first time and I think you might love to give it a try too!
5. Throw some parties! There are actually a few on the calendar. One of them is an annual fete, the other is an outright celebration. I can’t wait to get the details sorted.
What are your February goals?