This has really been quite the week. This is me. Right now.
Watching Sharknado because apparently that is A Thing.
- I know that this is straight from the department of First World problems, but coming back to work after being gone for a week (or more!) is So Hard. And this Monday marked the fourth time I’ve done that this year. It’s exhausting. I knew if I survived the meetings I had today, that the week would be a success so as I was driving home after my last date with PowerPoint, I put a point on the board for Team Kat.
- Jetlag hasn’t been terrible this time around, which is nothing short of a miracle. It may have to do with our 30 hour journey home, in which our bodies gave up on any semblance of time-telling. That being said, I have been crashing HARD at 9:00 PM every single night. I can’t imagine that tonight will be any different.
- In spite of the heatwave that is paralyzing the country, my Petunias have performed quite admirably. I think they may have cousins close to the equator because otherwise I can’t find a way to explain how they’re doing so well. Look.
- Otherwise, Le Jardin has largely been an act of willful ignorance. I did move our hanging basket from the deck to our front steps because I don’t think the Impatiens were agreeing with their location, but before we left we were getting tons of rain (no need to water!) and then my mother looked after our plants while we were away. Much less stressful than herbs (though I won’t be tossing my flowers into a summer salad any time soon).
- My parents were in London the week before we headed out to Europe and they brought me back an eclectic potpourri of wonderful commemorative Royal Souvenirs (I know – so trashy, but they kill me). It’s basically a Customs House around here these days.
- In other Good News, my mitts and paws are finally in order after 20 days. It only took me three days longer to accomplish than I had originally planned (read: I thought they would be done on Monday), BUT they are done now. I still think that going polish-free for Europe was the right idea but, restoring order? So Centering.
- I’m headed up to the cabin tomorrow afternoon and I am So Excited. Yes, seriously, I need a vacation from my vacation. What better way to do that than with a weekend full of pizza from Zorbaz, beer, sunning and running?