What is the love child of jet lag and Berry Week?
For real. I ended up whipping this up on Monday night and photographing it as a last-ditch effort to stay up until 9:00 PM. Basically this makes me a kindergartner I think. Dessert-as-bribery works at all ages.
We could also call this the love child of any person who is strapped for time and needs The Best Multi-Purpose Berry Dish there is.
Need a berry base for your lemonade? Done.
Want to kick your cocktail up a notch? Taken care of.
In the mood to action a fruit and cake combination? Worry no more.
Tired of eating flavored greek yogurt with fruit on the bottom because of all of the added sugar? Mix this into the plain stuff instead.
Thinking ice cream for lunch is the way that summer should be lived? Let this satisfy part of your 5 a Day.
- 1 container strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1.5 t sugar
- Combine strawberries and sugar in a bowl
- Smash with fork until pulpy
I intentionally kept the amount of sugar in the blend down because not only are berries naturally sweet, but I don’t think you totally want to exterminate the tart contrast they provide to whatever it is you’re adding them to. However, if you’re looking for something a little bit sweeter, get a little crazy with the sugar. If you hate strawberries and would rather do this with blackberries, raspberries or even (crosses self) peaches your life will still be better because of it.
In the mood for more berries? Check it out…
- Monday: Comfortably Domestic-Fresh Strawberry Pie / La Petite Pancake-Berry Sangria
- Tuesday: Inside NanaBread’s Head-Annie’s Blackberry Cake / From My Sweet Heart-Summer Berry Terrine with Mascarpone Whipped Cream
- Wednesday: Climbing Grier Mountain-Vanilla Gelato with Peach-Blueberry Compote & Honey Whipped Cream / Tenaciously Yours-Strawberry Smash
- Thursday: Country Cleaver-Berry Sorbet Float / The Girly Girl Cooks-Strawberry-Rhubarb Stuffed French Toast
- Friday: Buffy and George-Black Raspberry & Cherry Pie with a Gluten-Free Crust / Kvetchin’ Kitchen-Berry Earl Grey Cocktail
- Saturday: Munching in the Mitten-Cherry Clafoutis / Decadent Philistines Save the World-Raspberry Marshmallows