Sometimes you’re just supposed to write what comes, right? So tonight, we Potpourri!
- Marcus’ cousin Sam is getting married this weekend! What this means: I will not have to cook dinner for four days in a row (effective tonight – I went out for a lady-date with Galina), I need to pick out the dress I want forever-immortalized in Sam’s wedding photos. Let’s get serious – none of us want to be That Person 20 years down the line.
- Dinner with Galina: Was phenomenal. We had the happiest chat and I dived into a bowl of Tom Yum Soup. And a plate of Spring Rolls. It was my Exact Crave.
- This morning I went for a run and watched the season finale of The Newsroom. I know there are so many reasons to hate this show, but I adore it. And the combination of the two (running AND The Newsroom) was painfully perfect.
- Speaking of season finales…Last night Marcus and I watched the last two episodes of this season of True Blood. If someone could please explain to me WHY, I will be forever indebted to you. And by WHY, I don’t mean the last episode, I mean the entire season.
- Goals: I’m a planner. So even though there isn’t a book that dictates what one should do to make sure that Things Happen in throughout the year, I will be making a list of Things To Accomplish By 26. I think we’re all going to be a little bit surprised by The New Angle. It should be ready next.
- This week: Does anyone else feel like this has been the longest week in the history of Earth? I feel like between work and life, I’ve been running around like a madwoman.
- Did anyone else spend most of this week forgetting that we have a three day weekend? I’ve managed to surprise myself with that every single time it comes to mind.
- I am still slowly, but surely working my way through the Cupcake-flavored salt water taffy I bought at the Chocolate Ox a few weeks ago. It is heaven in a wrapper. I either need to get them to start shipping this stuff down or someone needs to tell me where to find it in the city. It’s all of the fun of frosting without any of real-life issues that involve not wanting to eat an entire can of the stuff by yourself. Con: While there are funfetti-inspired speckles in the taffy, there’s no real way to incorporate sprinkles.