I just feel like tonight is the kind of night that lends itself well to workshopping.
So we begin.
1. I am CRAVING sweet potatoes and citrus fruit. First it was blood oranges and now it’s grapefruits. Despite my fear of biting into something overly-tart, I’ve found that they’re actually sweet enough without any sugar sprinkled on top. Which either means that I need more Vitamin C and Fiber or the light is changing. I’m choosing to believe that it has to do with the light.
2. Last weekend at Winterfest, Kari taught me this elaborate new way to wrap my pashmina.
It looks quite lovely without involving any fear of strangulation. Don’t lie, we’ve all been there. I’ve also witnessed it done with a two-color scarf and the effect was quite pleasing. I like to think that it gives the effect that I’m trying. I’ll be keeping this one in my rotation forever, probably.
Apparently this thing is all over The Pinterest (which we all know I do not do), so if you’ve seen it somewhere else on The Internets that actually shares how to tie the damn thing, please do the rest of the group a favor and share it in the comments.
3. I was digging through the baking section of Veganomicon and found a recipe for Chewy Chocolate-Raspberry Cookies that is calling my name. Yes, we’re taking a foray into Vegan baking. And why? Because I love the combination of chocolate and raspberry (it is my all-time favorite) and it doesn’t involve substitutions for things like milk, eggs, or butter. They just aren’t part of The equation.
4. I got an award last week at our company party, and today one of my co-workers gave me an excessively nice (and extremely lengthy) compliment in front of our boss. It’s nice to know that people recognize what I do.
5. Still reading The China Study. Still not giving up meat. Still holding firm on drastically reducing the amount of it in our diet.
6. Valentine’s Day. It’s coming. And for us, it’s a two-day celebration. This weekend we’ll be dive bar dating. The rules for this go-round being: The establishment must have a “chalkboard” AKA wall-mounted menu AND/OR we have to have a really good coupon or gift certificate to use there.
On actual Valentine’s Day, I’ll be cooking for Marcus (translation: we’ll be doing what we always do). But since it’s a holiday, we’ll make something fun/special/bizarrely time-intensive. Considering how many ideas I have for two days of low-key celebration, I guess it’s good that we’re not limiting ourselves to one, right?
7. The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills reunion continues. That it is a three-part extravaganza is something I’ll be forever-thankful for. If you’re a fan and want to laugh so hard that you cry (seriously – I was literally in silent cubicle hysterics), check out these recaps from the VULTURE.
Yes, they’re absolutely worth reading from the very beginning. And then you’ll wonder where they’ve been all your life. You’re welcome.
Have you started making Valentine’s Day plans yet?
What are you craving right now?