It’s rare that I lose the will to type. But last night, that was pretty much the case. Thank God pictures are worth the thousand words I didn’t take the time to tap out.
Our Reward: An Excedrin Hangover. I spent part of the morning trying to figure out where that fit in relative to the more popular Sudafed and Nyquil hangovers. My results are as of yet, inconclusive.
But now, a true conundrum.
We all know that as a part of my Drugstore Diva-hood, I don’t even embrace what could be described as a modicum of skincare. Yes, I know that’s probably why I look pre-maturely 27, and why I should be rue-ing the day that I turn 30.
But that’s neither here nor there.
Yesterday, a co-worker and I had to take a moment in the ladies’ room to mourn the state of our skin. In the 23 years I’ve spent on this earth, I have never experienced a winter as dry as this one.
To that end, despite my total domination of the Jergens bottle and my Ponds Night Cream (which usually yield totally appropriate results), I am still not winning the war. And neither is she.
Please send help. And an under-eye skin graft.
Separately, Jess @ A Taste of Confidence gave me the Stylish Blogger Award. Thank you, lady! It’s my first ever go-round with one of these – I’m so excited🙂
As with any game worth playing, we have to play by the rules. Since we already know that I’m Type A to the point of sorting presents, I think I’ve got the situation under control. They are as follows…
- Thank the person who gave you the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Give the award to seven bloggers that you just love.
- Comment on their blogs and tell them that they won!
So, without further adieu, some things that y’all still don’t know about me…
- I despise the squeak that cotton balls make when you rub them together.
- The only television set that Marcus and I have on the main floor of our house is in the bedroom. When we cook together, we actually listen to oldies music on the radio. How old-school is that?
- I’ve never worn my UGGs without socks on. I know they’re allegedly warmer that way, but quite honestly, I find the situation to be totally uncomfortable.
- I’m scared to death of getting a professional pedicure because if some killer bacterial infection doesn’t get me, I’m afraid that they’ll take off my running callouses. They’re not hot, but I really need them.
- The only reason I stopped biting my fingernails in eighth grade is because I got braces and it became physically impossible. Retrospectively, I probably didn’t need braces. But I got a nice pair of mitts out of the deal. Most expensive way to break a habit. Ever.
- When I was little and still in ballet, I used to do grand jetes in the freezer aisle of the grocery store. Sometimes I still do grand jetes in the freezer aisle of the grocery store.
- Everything in my closet is organized by first by style (cut, length, type of garment, etc.) and then color in Roy G. Biv fashion. And yes, I still use Roy G. Biv to determine what’s what.
Kittens, I have a crazy-case of Sadie Hawkins syndrome (that really could have been a fact of its own) so, you’re all tagged! Feel free to bring the award to your blog, or spill your facts in the comments.
What sort of moisturizer do you swear by?